Thursday, June 12, 2008

He kindly stopped for me

All right, all right. Apologies to all my hed-writing friends, but -- you know, if you don't want us to read the damn things literally, why do you insist on writing them in ways that make it so easy?

"Man gets 3 years in punching death" would have been fine. It's really hard to read "punching" as the verb and "death" as the direct object in that one. But "for punching death"? You have to admit, it sounds like a bit of an overreaction. Dude! Just walk away! Or bring your own clock next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Ridger, FCD said...

This one is priceless. It could only have been better in the hed style that caps everything.

1:39 PM, June 12, 2008  
Blogger fev said...

I used to think I'd never see anything that made me long for the return of upstyle heds. Every couple of years, tho, one comes along ...

3:05 PM, June 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home