Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lovecraft, Asimov, Clarke

Hem. Apparently with the blog hat on, Your Editor writes like Lovecraft (with occasional doses of James Joyce). Most recent journal article, Asimov in both the intro and the conclusion. Best paper for Denver,* Arthur C. Clarke.** People just won't stop coming up with amusing  algorithms to play with in the intertubes, will they?

I could stay up and keep trying for a Tolkien, but that could take years and cost millions of lives.



* The grammar survey will be there too! I will send results out soon, honest. It also rated a Lovecraft.
** As was a chunk of the diss. Plus ca not so much.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger John Cowan said...

I write like David Foster Wallace! Oh, the ignominy!

12:31 AM, July 15, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emil anonymously said, " Dan Brown!"

7:17 AM, July 15, 2010  
Anonymous Ed Latham said...

I write like Lovecraft too, apparently! But then I tried it with a chunk of actual H.P. (from At the Mountains of Madness) as a control, and apparently he writes like, er, Vladimir Nabokov...

8:20 AM, July 15, 2010  
Blogger The Ridger, FCD said...

Lovecraft here, too ...

11:40 AM, July 15, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DFW here too. Not a compliment to Mr. Wallace, since I entered some dry crap I wrote for work.

12:12 PM, July 15, 2010  
Blogger Brian B said...

Dan Brown and Stephen King on some old blog posts, here. Interesting that you, fev, are the first person I know to mention getting Asimov, Clarke or Joyce -- I hadn't known those were options.

Someone I know got William Gibson. Gibson himself put in a few grafs from his recent novel and got Nabokov.

7:24 PM, July 15, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted my results in a comment over on June Casagrande's blog (as 8'FED):
http://conjugatevisits.blogspot.com/2010/07/call-me-king-christie-dickens.html

3:14 AM, July 17, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home